Saturday, March 19, 2011

Crash Course - February 16

Lauren & Janelle presenting
our dinner.
I love being around people who are true to themselves regardless of the environment.  I am thankful to have many people in my life who fit in that category.  Makes things interesting and real. 

Over a couple of pretty tasty soups (White Bean & Butternut Squash, and Spinach Tortellini), worlds collided.  Brock, Becca & 'lil Abigail Martin are friends from my church, Jonathan, Janelle & Lena Glick are friends of Melissa's from her church, and JD & Lauren Bowlby are friends from my old church.  


Becca enjoying her soup!
The group breakdown: 5 Messiah grads, 4 in the medical field, 2 teachers, 4 Lancaster County imports, 2 adorable little ladies, 4 current parents, 2 soon-to-be parents, 3 creative beans, and 1 liker of pipe.  

Yep, a liker of pipe. That's how JD introduced himself to me soon after I started attending DOVE.  "I'm John David, and I like pipe."  Uhhh ok?  To each his own I guess....Having spent years working for an excavating company and working mostly on projects establishing sewer & drainage systems, the man took a liking to his material of choice.  

Of course, JD, being true to himself, minutes after meeting my roommate for the first time asks her,"Do you mind if I check out your basement?  I think it's the most unique part of any house, especially city houses."  Plus, of course, that's where the pipes are.  Confused and intrigued at the same time, Melissa promised a basement tour post-soup consumption. 


Lessons learned:

  • The world really is small.   And it shrinks when you move to Lancaster.
  • A little bit of red pepper goes a long way.
  • Despite how busy we are, people love to slow down and interact new people. 
  • Your dinner table is never too small for fellowship.
  • Boys like weird stuff.  (Ask JD if you're wondering where everything goes after you flush...)

Crash Course, over and out!

The Martins, The Glicks & The Bowlbys

No comments:

Post a Comment