Monday, February 14, 2011

From baking to cooking

I've always been a fan of baking...cookies, muffins, sweet breads...all the stuff that you try to convince yourself is somewhat good for you ("But it's got fruit...dried and sugared fruit, but fruit nonetheless!"). But as 2010 came to a close, a new interested peeked itself - cooking! And not just "easy and cheap" cooking, but healthy cooking with mostly fresh ingredients.

With the help of Cooking Light magazine, eager friends to try my new creations, and my gracious budget, I have successfully satisfied many tummy rumbles and blasé pallets.

And of course, with a new hobby comes a new buzz - sharing successes and failures, seeking tips & tricks of the trade. And seeing that this new hobby involves food, people either want to try it, want the recipe, or both. With much encouragement from my cooking-blogger-friend Jill, you see this blog before you. Hopefully it will be a great way to share my savory (and sweet) successes with all of you.

I beg for patience as I attempt to catch up on the last 2 months of recipes. If you've had the chance to consume one of my creations and would like the recipe, leave me a comment and tell me what you're looking for. My mathematical mind is telling me that my recipes should be displayed chronologically in the order I made them, but I'm thinking that's going to add stress that I don't need. ;)

Thanks for your support and your empty and eager bellies!

No comments:

Post a Comment