Thursday, February 17, 2011

Name Change - Crash Course Cooking!

So you may be thinking, "Nicole, you JUST started this blog.  Why are you changing the name already?"  Before I answer that question, let me fill you in on the back story...


Long back-story short - I found Melissa's (my roommates) long-forgotten 20 pounds of fresh frozen blueberries in our chest freezer and we decided to invite the world over to share them with us. 


Blueberry Breakfast, full of many many wonderful blueberry confections, was one of the coolest community connecting events I've ever been a part of.  On that wintry Saturday morning, 40+ people were packed in our home, eating our food, making new connections, and strengthening existing ones.  And Melissa and I were in our element.  I couldn't help from giggling and jumping up and down with glee (literally) every time someone walked in the door.  


It was that day that we realized that this is something we want to continue to do...share food, share laughs and share life with people around us.  We decided that we would invite a handful of people over every week for a mid-week dinner.  Since I had found this new love for cooking, I was (and am) totally stoked to have people to try my new creations....Beef Tangine with Butternut Squash & Scallion Couscous, Mediterranean Chicken Soup, Fennel-Crusted Pork Loin, Spicy-Sweet Turnips,  to name a few (all to be posted soon). 


But such a regular event was not complete without a name.  I wanted the name to not only include food and fellowship but to be catchy and not totally nerdy.  We threw out a couple of lame-o ones like Grubbin' and Dinner with Dames :) , but never came up with anything worthy of keeping.  Yesterday, while we were praying before our two-soup meal (Spinach Tortellini Soup & Butternut Squash-White Bean Soup),  it came to me - CRASH COURSE - our worlds are "crashing" together as we serve a "course" (or two).  


As we shared our vision for these Crash Course dinners, one of our guests, without knowing that I had just started this food blog, asked if we would be blogging about these interactions...weird, eh? 


The purpose of this blog is now two-fold - to share yummy creations and to share about life - not just the day-in, day-out things, but the things about life that makes it so interesting and worthy living and definitely worth sharing with others .  


So sit back, and enjoy, and we hope you get a chance to join in the journey.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment